Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Only 45 Minutes!



Well it is official, my little brother is on a plane on his way Kenya, Nairobi, Africa. The last time I spoke with him was last Thursday for about an hour. I told him how Mike and I were doing and how I couldn't believe he was leaving so soon. We promised we would talk again and said our good byes.

I got on Facebook as that is mostly all I do in this hotel, and I saw the last post Stefen had made about 45 minutes earlier saying he was about to board not to be seen again for 2 years! I quickly called him, hoping hoping hoping, please answer. The phone picked up and in a tear filled voice my Mom said "why are you calling Stefen's phone" She went on to say that I missed him by
about 45 minutes and he was Gone.
I haven't felt an ache in my heart like this in a very long time. I miss him so much already.

I am grateful my brother is worthy and made the decision to honorably serve the people of Kenya, Nairobi. I know that he will be an amazing missionary and he will plant many seeds that will bring people unto the gospel. I know that he will be preaching the true word of Christ. I can't wait to get my first letter from him to hear how his Journey has been thus far. Please keep him in all your prayers, keep him safe and strong.


I love you Stefen

No comments:

Post a Comment