Tuesday, August 30, 2011

All Down Hill From Here!

Hey Everybody!

We got back from our anniversary trip to Branson on Saturday.
We had a blast, it was so relaxing to get away and get rested up to hit up our last month hard! We did a lot and had so much fun! I think our
favorite thing we did was zip lining!
We got to zip line for a couple hours and all the lines were varying lengths, heights, and speeds but the "cherry on top" as Mike would say, was the Fast Track! After a Pinzgauer ride to the top of Wolf Mountain, the Zip begins about 25 feet above the top of the mountain. As we soared towards the 100 ft high zip tower at the base of Wolfe Mountain we reached speeds of 30-50 MPH!

When we got to the tower there was no stairs, no zip, or even ladder to get off this 100 ft tall tower. The only way off way off was to jump! That is right, its called free fall. As Mike stood on the edge he jumped! He made it look effortless. Now it was my turn, I approached the edge with butterflies in my tummy, the guide said okay. I looked at him and asked I can just go? He said yup like it was no big deal. So with a little hesitation I jumped! It was exhilarating!
I have never before experienced a rush like that! You fall all on our own for about 30-40 feet then the rest of the way down a pully slows you down so your landing in smooth, but WHAT A RUSH!! I think someday Mike and I will try sky diving now! We also got to go to a few shows, put put golfing, Go Karting and a wax museum!! Another of Mike's favorite things we did was the all you can eat place we went to called Starvin Marvins. It was all you can eat Lobster, Crab and Shrimp oh my. The lobster actually was good..but..it was whole lobster so it had a face, and eyes!!! Yuckie!! But we had a total blast and are excited to finish up our last month strong! So far so good!


Miss you all can't wait to be back!

1 comment:

  1. What a great trip! You're braver than I'll ever be to make a jump like that. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete