Monday, October 8, 2012

No Place Like Home

          Well this last week was busy, but the most important thing is that we got all moved into our new house! With the help of family we were able to get all moved in about 3 hours and even got the kitchen all unpacked! The rest of the house looks like a box/storage graveyard! But with time I know we will get the place looking like home. It is so weird that it already feels so much like home even with all the boxes! This  morning when I got up I put a roast in the crock pot so when we get home we will have our first meal in our new house!
          We also have already (almost) completed our first home project on Sunday as we listened to conference. We have a fireplace in our living room which featured a golden oak trim and mantel, we painted and glazed it so now it is a beautiful dark brown color, Mike and I are very happy with how it turned out! Come by if you want to see the finished product!
           We got to bring home our two kittens on Saturday to! They are so sweet and fun, Mike and I are continually surprised by how much they want us to hold them, and follow us around the house. In case I hadn't mentioned it earlier their names are Ace (boy) and Simba (Girl). They sleep in our bed with us last night, ALL NIGHT! I couldn't believe it, they snuggled and hung out till the morning when I got up to fix dinner. This weekend we are taking them to get fixed, so no we wont be having any more kittens in the near future. We gave them both a bath on Saturday after coming home and neither one of them enjoyed the experience, but they looks so cute now that they are clean! I think we may have got some soap in Ace's eye because he looks like he is getting a small eye infection, it is amazing to me how worried I am about a cat, but he is my kitty and I love him to pieces, especially when he stands at my feet and his meows beg me to pick him up. LOL!
            Mike already has a ton of projects he wants to work on, which include, building shelves in the shed, a ladder to the crawl space, and finish the fireplace (which we only have to to a top coat on). My list of things I want to do is far more trivial but feel important to me, I want to redo the cabinets in the kitchen as well as the floor, Repaint the living room as well as the bathrooms and bedrooms upstairs. I will have to save up but we will be there for a long time to come so there is not rush. But we do need to get a desk for our office so I anyone knows if anything available for a good price let us know!
            Because of Conference this last weekend we have not yet been to our new ward but we will be going this weekend. We have been told the ward is a lot of younger couples and young kids, which will be perfect for us! We are excited to become established in a ward and get callings.
           Well that is about all for now, but Mike and I would like to send a HUGE shout out to all those were able to come and help us move! You made the experience both possible and enjoyable. Thanks again for all your love and support we appreciate your prayers!

<3
Lindy and Mike

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you guys! Congratulations and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janna!

    Can't wait to have you guys over!

    ReplyDelete