Friday, October 26, 2012

Finally Slowing Down

Well life has been a lot slower, but still moving. Last weekend was Catherine's baby shower, I think it turned out really well, we played games and Catherine got some cute clothes and some essentials. I don't think I mentioned this before in case Catherine read my blog I didn't want her to have her surprise ruined, but I made her a diaper cake! It was really fun to figure out how to make it. I tried to make a diaper carriage to put on the top on the cake, but the carriage turned out a little to big and didn't fit on top very well, but it still looked very cute next to it.
I also got my hair done as you may remember, it didn't turn out how I had envisioned it the first time around but, the gal who does my hair fixed it for me last Wednesday and it looks great now! I got Season's Salon & Day Spa they are awesome, I have been going there for about 4 years, Autumn Spencer (the owner) is the one who does my hair, I love her to pieces!
But this past week has been awesome because I started my new shift!!!! 8AM-5PM!! I love getting off at 5 and still having the whole night to do stuff. It has been awesome! But my mom and I have been burning the midnight oil all week trying to get my Halloween costume finished up in time, I am still not quite done and the party is on Saturday(Tomorrow!!!) But i think I will be able to finish in time. I have been looking forward to this Halloween party for WEEKS!!! The party is going to be themed to Wizard of OZ and Wicked, we are planning to watch the Wizard of OZ and play games, I am very excited!
We also on Tuesday night went to a CONCERT!!! It was Parachute, Boys Like Girls, and All American Rejects! The concert was so amazing!!! It was the first concert that mike and I have been to together so it was really fun! But I must say that I chose the wrong pair of shoes because by the end of the concert my poor little feet couldn't barley even walk. But it was worth it!!
But after Saturday we have nothing on the Calendar till Thanksgiving, but that doesn't mean we don't have a ton of stuff to do! We this past week painted our upstairs bathroom RED!! I love it, it to me is the only finished room in the house, as far as things I want to modify and upgrade. But for Mike's Final Project in Tech Management we are going to do the cabinets in our kitchen! So that will be done in the next 6 weeks! I am so pumped! Then after the cabinets, I want to paint the kitchen, and our bedroom/bathroom, as well as redo the linoleum in the kitchen to hardwoods. So we will do all this stuff over time but it is still fun to be getting somethings done right now!
But that is about all that we have been up to for now but Ill let you all know how the Halloween party turns out!! Thank You all for your love and support and I hope that you are well also. Until next time, God be with you!

Love,
Lindy & Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment