Monday, May 9, 2011

Our First Week Concludes!

Last week Mike and I packed up our stuff and drove what felt like half way across the country to our new home in Kansas City, Missouri. A new week has arrived and I already feel like this week should be much better. Last week was hard both of us but me especially. Have you ever heard of Murphy's Law? I truly believe Murphy was living on my couch last week!
On our first day here our internet was suppose to be up and running, well seeing how Murphy and I hung out so much last week, the internet was not set up. This made doing 90% of my daily work impossible, but never fear there is always tomorrow!!!?
Well my Tuesday work was just about doubled obviously, but we had internet finally so I was able to get stuff done.
But unfortunately I was up until about 2 am finishing up. I got up at about 6am to meet my technicians and pull their equipment (thats right 4 hours of sleep). My computer didn't print out any of Dish contracts so I ran back to reprint them out before the techs had to leave. The website wouldn't load them, I called corporate and they couldn't get it to work either! When they finally got it fixed my printer ran out of ink, but no big deal right i have 3 spare ones...Wrong. The 3 replacements they gave me don't fit the kind of printer they gave me. So Mike lovingly went to the store and bought a couple to get refills ($150 dollars by the way!) But the technicians had already left so i had to send the contracts with one of the sales reps. Thank goodness that was it for Wednesday.
Ah ha but then comes Thursday...the hard drive on my computer fried and it is not anything that can be fixed. So i spent about 2 1/2 hours on the phone with IT trying to get Mikes computer to hook up to the Linx server and get the scanner working. But it got done.
Friday was actually nice nothing went wrong.
Saturday was great to surprisingly, the whole office hung out Saturday and played volleyball and basketball. Sunday was amazing, we went to our new ward! Every one was very friendly and welcoming, they call all of the sales women "Summer Sisters". The lesson in 2nd and 3rd hour was very sweet. Then later we played Jib and Signs as an office! We all get along very well and had a blast!!

Well a new week has begun and so so great! But we will see what Tuesday brings. But until next week I want to let everyone know we are happy and doing wonderful, we love our new apartment and are so excited to be here!

Love,
Lindy J

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to the both of you. I look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Mr. Murphy WAS not only sleeping on your couch but eating your food too!

    ReplyDelete