Friday, May 13, 2011

BIRTHDAY TIME!!

May 13, 24 years ago something amazing happened. My husband was born! Today is his birthday, as most of you know I threw a surprise birthday party for Mike right before we left to Missouri! Being about a month before his birthday he was completely surprised! Today unfortunately will not be as fun or exciting :(. With Mike working all day until about 9:30 pm, there won't be much time for play. But I did proudly get the chance to make him waffles for breakfast, and tonight we are going out to dinner!

Today I also had the opportunity today to stop at the Kansas City Temple Grounds! It is going to be such a beautiful temple and it is right off the freeway and is a very beautiful area. The re-landscaping the whole area around the temples and they just started putting the stained glass in on the sides. For those of you who don't know the Kansas City temple is to be dedicated in spring of 2012. The next closest temple is the Omaha, Nebraska Temple (Winter Quarters) which is about a 2 1/2 hours away. Before Mike and I left for Missouri we realized that we would not likely be able to visit the temple this summer. So on my drive to the bank when I passed the temple I just felt a strong desire to quickly take the exit and stop by. I know that the temple has not been dedicated yet, but I know I felt the spirit there on those unfinished temple grounds. How sweet it was to have that brief moment near a temple of the Lord. I think Heavenly Father knew i needed that. Which makes me realize how incredibly lucky I have been for the past 3 years living in Utah have a temple in any direction only 20 minutes a day. I have missed the blessing of being able to go to the temple so very much, and I can't wait until I get to go back at the end of the summer!

Thanks again for everyones love and support we miss you all terribly!!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! That is so cool that you got to see the grounds! Happy birthday to Mike! I have been thinking about him all day long. We miss you guys TONS too!

    ReplyDelete