Monday, October 14, 2013

38 Weeks! A Sudden Realization.


How far along? 38 Weeks
Total weight gain: 45 Pounds, I haven't gained any weight in the last 3 weeks!
Maternity clothes? Of course!
Stretch marks? YUP! But I haven't noticed that they have multiplied this week!
Sleep: Still sleeping through the night with ease, but I have started waking up about 7-8 am to go potty!
Best moment this week: We did our maternity photos on Monday!! It was SOO much fun! I had my baby shower hosted by my Mom & Aunt Tami! It was fun! We also went to Idaho to visit my Grandma! It was so fun and the 4 hour car ride was NOT bad, I was surprised!
Miss Anything? Nothing really this week, couldn't watch the Seahawks game on Sunday but that is totally pregnancy related!
Food cravings: sweets (surprise!) this week's main menu consisted of brownie batter, Cake Pops, Jolly Ranchers and Ice Cream with the cooked brownie batter!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Labor Signs: Not that I can tell, I am still dilated to 2 cm and 85% effaced. had some low back pain over the weekend in Idaho, but nothing terrible!
Symptoms: I am still getting heartburn, but now my belly actually is numb! about 4 in radius right above my belly button has no feeling, very very weird! My ankles are swelling a little from time time as well!
Belly Button in or out? Flat but still in
Wedding rings on or off? ON, I apparently haven't had any swelling in my hands and don't need to take it off!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy & EXCITED to say the least!
Looking forward to: Making the final preparations for little Baby Johnson! Need to install the car seat, Pack my & Mike's hospital bag, and clean out the car (we took Bandit with us to Idaho, and to say he got a little bit of hair in the car would be a lie! It looks like he shed his entire coat in the back seat!!!)

Maternity Photo Preview

Maternity Photo Preview



This week was a weird one for me, I had a sudden realization. I had the thought the other night driving home from my baby shower that in about 2 weeks or less this little person that has been safely growing inside me for the last 9 months would be out here, in the big, bad world. 
She would be living and breathing. She would grow and learn to crawl, walk and talk, run, she would have a first day of nursery and school. She would have likes and dislikes, she will have friends and meet people who wont be nice to her. She will have her heart broken and fall in love, a few times. She will someday go to college, get married, buy a house, have kids of her own. 
All of these thoughts were so over whelming to me considering I just recently experienced them myself. I thought to myself I wish I could shield her from all the bad and hard things I went through in my life, protect her somehow by placing her in a bubble, similar to the living space she is currently occupying. I cried and sobbed at the thoughts of her having her feelings hurt because of something someone said, or an award she didn't win, an athletic team she got cut from, a boy who didn't like her back, silly things, but still things I had went through and experienced. Things that hurt and made me cry. I never wanted her to feel down or sad or alone. 
But I started to smile when I thought of times I had cherished in my life. Singing songs in the car with my Mom and brothers as we drove "The Loop"  to and from school, time spent and my grandparents houses playing games and bonding. I thought about all the fun I had in High School and how accomplished I felt when I got my drivers license and first job. How talented I felt when I made the school team and did well! Laughs I had with my friends and all the adventures that came with. Moving to Utah and meeting my sweet husband at the tender age of 18, which of course came with infinite good times. The moment I found out I was pregnant and how I knew that things would never be the same but in the best way possible. I guess that is life though, you can't have the good without the bad. 
I want so badly to teach her good principles and be a great example of how the gospel is so important in our lives. I want to have patience with her that I haven't had with anyone else. I want her to know that her father and I love each other more than anything (but her) and we would do anything we could to help her if she needed it and we will always be there for her. But with all these wants and desires I have for her, the kind of person she will be, it all starts with me. I for the next several years will shape, mold and design the person she will become. 
I am sure every parent has had this episode at one point or another happen to them. But it happened to me and someday it will happen to her. I love this little person so much already and she isn't even here yet. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I will have to be a mother, and even more grateful for the people in my life that have shaped and molded me to be who I am. I think I turned out alright. 

Thanks for all your love and support and we will keep everyone up to date these next couple weeks!!

<3 Lindy & Mike 

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post Lindy! You have incredible foresight and inspiration on how to be a wonderful mother. This is going to be one lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to meet her! You're going to be awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete