Sunday, June 30, 2013

Long Couple of Weeks!

Well the last couple of weeks have been quite the roller coaster! I got a call from my Mom on the Thursday before Fathers Day saying my Grandpa Stibal has had had a stroke! Although very scary she said he was going to be fine, he had no facial paralysis or permanent damage, but he would need to work with a physical therapist and was not allowed to drive. But she and my Aunt Tami would be making the drive up to Idaho anyway because it was Father's Day weekend and Grandpa was struggling with the idea that he would need to work with a physical therapist to get full use of his legs back. After their visit they left on Sunday afternoon to head back to Utah. Sometime Monday morning Grandpa suffered a heart attack, completely unrelated to the stroke, and passed away. So being surprised about his passing would be an understatement. It is the strangest feeling thinking you will have more time with someone, more time to tell them that you love them, more time to get to know them and have that all change in a single instant.


Due to a decision earlier in the year to sign up for a Southwest sky miles credit card I was able to book a flight to Idaho to attend my Grandpa's funeral and say goodbye. I am mostly glad that I was able to be there for my Mom during the week. But I am also  so grateful for the blessings that Heavenly Father gave my family of being able to see him one last time before he passed while he was still happy and overall healthy. The funeral was very nice, Grandpa served in the National Guard in WW2 and so he was burred with honors. Although the circumstances were not the best it was so nice to be able to see my family!

But my trip to Idaho was followed with a few days at home! And boy did I take advantage of that time! Mike and I planted grass in the back yard along the fence before we left to Indiana and it is coming in very thick and beautiful. But unfortunately it is being accompanied by weeds of every kind! But nothing a quick trip to Home Depot couldn't fix! I got weed killer and grass feed and pretty purple, red, and white petunias to plant in my flower bed (since the daffodils and tulips are long gone). I was very unsatisfied by the flow if my kitchen cabinets so I rearranged my kitchen and made it much more functional. I finally found a bedspread that matches the color scheme we chose and installed curtain pull backs in our room.  But I am most proud of the work I did in the nursery! I painted the room a beautiful milk chocolate brown color, and repainted the trim and window ledges white. I got the crib and changing table put together. I even decorated with a beautiful 8 ft tall tree with pink leaves and cream colored little birds! I personally love the touch of shelves on the tree branches! But it was a very productive trip back home, Mom said I was nesting, which according to Wikipedia says Nesting: refers to an instinct or urge in pregnant animals to prepare a home for the upcoming newborn(s). Which now having experienced it first hand I am a true believer in nesting! I would get up, with no alarm, at 9 am and stay busy all day until about 1 or 2 in the morning! Needless to say I crashed hard when I got back to Indiana!


But getting home was so nice, I missed Mike like crazy and of course my furry little babies! When Bandit saw me for the first time when I got home, oh man, he freaked out! He was howling and barking and rolling on the floor licking my face and nibbling on me. This went on for a good 5 minutes! I knew he loved me and thought I was his, but oh man I seriously under estimated how much he loves me! Mike was happy to see me to but that intense of a public display of affection did not happen, HAHA! But I have been feeling baby Johnson moving around more and more every day and Mike finally got to feel her kick on Friday morning! It was such a sweet moment for the two of us!

But I am glad to be back and I am VERY excited for the 4th of July next week! I love the fireworks, and the BBQ's and hopefully the sun! But that is pretty much all for the last couple of weeks, Thank you everyone for your love and prayers during this hard time for my family and we miss all of those we dont get to see on a regular bases!

Take Care!
<3 Lindy & Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment