Saturday, July 30, 2011

Stranded!

Well yesterday was quite eventful! Summer and I had to go to the bank to deposit all the set up fee checks for that week, so we decided on our way back we would also go to the mall so Kelsey and Kaylee were with us. While I was driving Summer's car, because she doesn't like to drive, the car started SMOKING on the freeway!! I immediately pulled over, we lifted the hood and the engine was smoking like crazy and appeared to be leaking anti-freeze. So we sat in the 100 degree hot humid sun for 30 minutes trying to figure out what to do. I tried calling my car insurance company( USAA) because my roadside assistance would cover a tow because I was driving....Great right?!!?? Well I guess we didn't have it on our policy for some dumb reason, I added it for .90 cents a month but it wouldn't take effect till midnight. So of no help right then. Finally and nice but creepy man named Robert Ruth pulled over to help us. He looked a lot like Santa Clause! he helped us get the radiator cap off and pour the remaining amount of anti-freeze that Summer happened to have in her car and we drove the remaining 1 1/2 miles to the gas station. We were there for another 10 to 15 minutes, bought some more anti-freeze and then drove to a Kwik Lube. We found out the mechanic was out sick that day and they closed in 20 minutes and we would have to wait to tomorrow. So we were officially stranded about 5 miles from home. Luckily we had a friend who wasn't with us, Cardin who could come pick us when she got off work. Finally after a 3 hour adventure we were SAVED!!! I went home and immediately and took a nap :)


I am grateful for friends to share amazing experiences like this one!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Reminds me of the time the AC went out in our new van that summer we drove to Phoenix and we stopped at WalMart in Blythe, CA to buy spray bottles!

    ReplyDelete